KoldLok ® Surface Mount XL 2040 Brush Grommet - Case
Designed to seal a variety of existing raised-floor tile cutouts and allow the flexibility of removing tiles without capturing cables. Overall size 12" x 15" x 1 5/16" high. Usable cable area: 8 1/4" x 4". Color: Black. Case of 10.
Koldlok® Surface Mount grommets are mounted on top of existing cable cuts. This product upgrades existing lined cable cut outs with self sealing whiskers.
Sealing cable openings with KoldLok® products provide a cost-effective airflow and thermal management solution.
KoldLok® Raised Floor Grommets will:
- Optimize your current cooling infrastructure
- Mitigate equipment heat loads
- Increase data center reliability
Your IT equipment is generating more heat than ever and the cost to cool that equipment is increasing. According to The Uptime Institute, Inc.® electricity consumed by IT equipment is the primary driver of data center infrastructure costs. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, 50 - 80% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed cable openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. Sealing cable openings is an essential component of IT equipment reliability and availability.
By installing KoldLok® Raised Floor Grommets, you can optimize the effectiveness of your existing cooling equipment and manage the increasing heat loads. The patented KoldLok sealing system specifically addresses bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data center cooling.
Cost-effective benefits of KoldLok® Grommets:
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles or floor grates
- Facilitates Cold Aisle/Hot Aisle best practices
KoldLok® Grommets optimize energy efficiency in data centers and are Energy Star rated.
Designed to seal a variety of existing raised-floor tile cutouts and allow the flexibility of removing tiles without capturing cables.
US unit of measure (Inches) Metric (mm)
Maximum cutout size sealed 10 x 13 254 x 330
Usable cable area 8 x 4 210 x 102
- The Surface Mount Grommet facilitates re-cabling and allows tiles to be moved without capturing cables
- The Grommets integrate with the raised-floor static dissipation system, providing 1 GigaOhm of resistance.
- The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- Compliant with the directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS)
Carton of 10.