Limited Access Delivery
Tariff 100 Item 754 (U.S. Domestic and Cross Border)
RULES, CHARGES AND ACCESSORIAL SERVICES
LIMITED ACCESS PICKUP AND DELIVERY: NADEG NADEGN
DEFINITION - Except as otherwise provided, the term of 'Limited Access', applies when the Carrier makes a pickup or delivery at a location with limited access.
APPLICATION - When a pickup or delivery is provided at a location which has Limited Access, a charge will be assessed.
The term of 'Limited Access' includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Constructions Sites
- Individual / Mini Storage Units
- Mine Sites
- Golf Courses
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Medical/Urgent care sites without a dock
- Night Clubs
In addition to the locations specifically listed above, locations not having personnel readily available to assist with pickup or delivery and not open to the walk-in public during normal business hours can be defined as "limited access".
The charge includes the initial notification for delivery arrangements and single shipment pickup at the Limited Access location.
The charge for Limited Access Pickup will not apply to shipments that are assessed the charge for Residential Pickup (HOMP) or Trade Show Pickup (SHWO). The charge for Limited Access Delivery will not apply to shipments that are assessed the charge for Residential Delivery (HOMD) or Trade Show Delivery (SHWD).
FED EX FREIGHT
Per Item 750-8-1
Pickup or Delivery Service - Limited Access Locations LTDO, LTDD
1. When Carrier makes a pickup or delivery at a limited access location, Limited Access Delivery Fees will apply.
2. The term LIMITED ACCESS LOCATION or LIMITED ACCESS DELIVERY FEE includes but is not limited to the following:
- Individual (mini) storage units
- Commercial establishments not open to walk-in public during normal business hours
- Construction sites
- Fairs or carnivals
- Military Base/Installations
- Rural route or out of town highway access locations
- Businesses located in residential areas in Canada
- Sites requiring Security Inspections prior to delivery
It can also be accessed for these locations:
- Farms or ranches
- Government Facilities
- Hotels/Motels or Resorts
- Doctor’s Offices
- Small Strip Malls
PICKUP OR DELIVERY - SECURED OR LIMITED ACCESS LOCATIONS
1. GENERAL APPLICATION
The provisions of this item apply when the carrier is requested or required to make pickup or delivery at a location with secured or limited access. The terms "secured" or 'limited access" include:
- Day Cares
- Military Facilities
- Country Clubs
- Court Houses
- Detention Facilities
- Outdoor Flea Markets
- State or National parks located 75 miles or more from the ODFL delivering service center (See Note B.)
- Any other sites requiring inspection of driver or vehicle before permitting access to the site.